Category: Community

• A first timer’s lessons learned at PASS Summit 2014

A first timer’s lessons learned at PASS Summit 2014

Me, as a #sqlfirsttimer Just one year ago I didn’t know what the PASS Summit was. What came after has been a series of serendipitous events. I went to Charlotte, NC to Red-Gate’s SQL in the City event because it was within driving distance and it was free. After the event I met Jes Borland, the first serendipitous […]

• Rebooting HRSSUG

Rebooting HRSSUG

This week I’m excited to announce the reboot of the Hampton Roads SQL Server User Group (HRSSUG). We will be coming back online this Novemeber, holding meetings every third Wednesday of the month. Check out our announcement below and be advised ApexSQL has provided us a free license to their ApexSQL Universal software suite to […]

• SQL Saturday #320 Raleigh in Review

This past Saturday, September 6th, I had the privilege of attending SQL Saturday #320, in Raleigh, NC. It was a great day. The highlight of the event was the #sqlfamily. I had several rewarding conversations with members of our community and the dedication of the volunteers, TriPASS User Group, and contributions of the sponsors made the entire […]

• What happened to the SQL Hammer?

Two months ago I accepted a new position as a Data Architect / Developer (SQL and .NET). I accepted the position partially due to my passion for database design and partially as a means to expand my knowledge base. I’m attempting to round out my development skills while expanding my expertise to the entire data tier and […]