QS-Config v2.0 has passed closed beta and is now entering open beta.
Feature changes / additions:
- Supports PowerShell v2.0 and higher.
- Supports SQL Server 2014.
- One script for all supported versions of SQL Server, rather than a script per version.
- Supports FILESTREAM.
- Exposed explicit control over installation directories.
Behind the scenes changes / bug fixes:
- Change: Major refactor of the script.
- Change: Created a custom QSConfig.SQLInstallConfiguration object to handle configuration validation across multiple versions of SQL Server.
- Bug fix: Prompts for ISSvcAccount.
- Bug fix: Corrected various typos (including some which would cause installation errors).
- Bug fix: Corrected syntax which was incompatible with PowerShell v2.0.
As always, you can get the latest version from http://sqlhammer.com//qs-config/. QS-Config v1.0 will be included in the package until v2.0 finishes beta testing. If you’d like to contribute code, make feature requests, or report bugs, you can email me at Derik@SQLHammer.com.